This project was a long time coming! It actually took only a few hours to paint and wax the hutch, but three weeks to wait for the dark wax to come in.
Here is the finished hutch.
Most of you remember it when it looked like this, below in black.
And a few of you who have been around for a long time might remember the post I did on it here in 2008 at my previous house. I painted it black, removing glass doors and replacing the glass with chicken wire. It look like this...
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and both the AS Soft Wax in clear and dark for the first time. The paint went on easily and dried fast. I only had to use one coat to cover the original black paint.
Here is a picture with the top half of the hutch having the dark wax applied and the bottom of the hutch has not yet been waxed.
I purposely added more dark wax to the outside parts of the hutch and less on the door and drawer panels, to give some contrast.
I applied gold rub and buff to the original bronze handles and pulls to lighten them up.
I really enjoyed working with the chalk paint. I am looking forward to my next painting project. Once I finish up some other projects in my loft area, I will show you how it looks in place.
I am still waiting for the staple puller to arrive in the mail, so I can finish working on the settee.
I'm linking to: