Friday, May 27, 2011

Looking For Something New to Grill?

I am trying to find new things to cook on the grill, other than steak, burgers or ribs.

Recently while eating lunch in Asheville at Bistro 1896 with Jane from Blondie's Journal, I ordered a Blackened Grouper Taco.  It tasted wonderful, so I recreated it at home.

Here is my version.


I made mango salsa and
I coated the grouper with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic. 

We used a perforated grill pan on our gas grill.  We sprayed the grill pan with Pam.   It took about 8 minutes to cook on medium.

Serve it on a warm tortilla with sour cream and fresh cilantro.

Mango Salsa Recipe
Peel and dice a ripe mango, add a teaspoon of honey, the juice of 1/2 fresh lime, 1 Tablespoon minced red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped, pinch of kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.  Mix well and let sit for an hour at room temperature.

Yummy and healthy too!
Welcome Home,
Penny
p.s. the bar stools are finished but it rained all day today and I could not get a good picture.  The sun will be out tomorrow and  I will post about them then.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

That looks great Penny! I love fish tacos.

Donnie said...

That looks really good. I'll have to look for some grouper at the store. Take care.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Yum! I keep hearing about fish tacos but haven't had any yet. I wrote down the mango salsa recipe and will be giving it a try very soon. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Love the salsa Penny. We have a similar version often.
Sam

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, yum and I am so hungry!

Pondside said...

That looks very good! We like salmon grilled - so many ways to do it.

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks better than what you had at the restaurant! {I tried to send you an email to thank you for that wonderful afternoon and I cannot send them on Al's computer...mine is in the shop}. I also told Al about the grouper taco because he loves grouper so much and he thought it sounded great. SO, thanks for this recipe! The salsa recipe sounds like a real treat. Do you think I can find a mango in Michigan?! lol!

Have a great weekend, Penny!

XO,
Jane

Vee said...

Oh that looks delicious and like a real taste sensation. Looking forward to seeing the newly painted stools.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh, you got to meet Jane, how wonderful! That dish looks delicious, thank you for sharing it. I was just ooohing and aahing over your bathroom on your other post. You have such style Penny!

Karen

Beverly said...

We love, love, love fish tacos. I have used a variety of types of fish, and I have made them using grilled shrimp and scallops, too.

These look delish.

see you there! said...

I like a good fish taco. I never see grouper here but have lots of other choices so I'm going to make grilled fish taco's this week. Thanks for the salsa recipe

Darla

*Ulrike* said...

Oh yummy! I am going to try this the next time we have grouper!