Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coming Soon

I have been playing around with an idea for several months now.  Actually ever since I had my shoulder surgery last December.

I am going to close down my Lavender Hill Studio blog and start a new blog that encompasses all that I do in my studio.  I do more than mosaics.  I make-over flea market, thrift store and auction items too,



In the new blog, I will be taking you a long with me to flea markets, thrift stores and antiquing.  I will have a video camera with me on some of the outings.

Then we will come back to the studio, and make things over.  Some items will be painted, some will be turned into lamps.  Some I will mosaic.

I will show you before and after photos and some video how-to tutorials.

Sound like fun?  The new blog will debut in June.  I will be having a giveaway on the the new blog when it debuts.  Sign up now as a follower on Flea Market Makeovers to be entered in the giveaway. 

To sign up as a follower, simply click on this link, Flea Market Makeovers and sign up under Followers on the side bar.
Welcome Home,
Penny

20 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

I just became your first follower! I'm so excited for you and all the wonderful things you are going to show us! I adore Henry and want him!

Megan

Donna said...

Fabulous idea, Penny! You are so talented. I just signed up and am now a follower. Looking forward to all your wonderful posts!

Hugs,
Donna

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

I clicked over to follow and came back to say what a great idea.
Sam

Vee said...

Yes, I became a follower. One of the original twelve. ;> LOL!

All the best with your new adventure in blogging!

DJ said...

I've done it and looks like a great new blog. Have fun. Hugs, Donnie

Posted under DJ's name because blogger makes me do it.

Blondie's Journal said...

I think this is a great idea, Penny. Consider me a follower!

XO,
Jane

Sherri said...

Can't wait to see the new blog!! I love what you do!

Erin said...

I am so excited for you Penny!!!! I know the new blog will ROCK and I am looking forward to reading it and learning from you. Love the concept!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really sounds awesome! I can't wait to see where you go and what you find! Great idea! ♥

Lynda said...

Looking forward to it, Penny!

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Penny, sounds like a great idea and looking forward to it!!! take care, Maryann

Catherine Holman said...

Sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Hugs,
Cathie

Love Where You LIve said...

What a fun idea! I'm looking forward to reading about -- and seeing! -- your adventures. -s

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Penny, sounds like a great idea! This is the kind of thing I love to see on blogs!~Hugs, Patti

bj said...

Sounds fun...looking forward to it.:)
xo bj

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

You are closing down 'The Comforts of Home' blog... For a new blog, which will be totally devoted to "thrifting" and "doing over." -sigh-

Now I'm sure that lots of bloggers will love this idea. But I'm not one of them. I have no, no, no interest in "thrifting" or in "doing over." So, I fear this blog is not for me.

But it is what YOU want to do. And that is what YOU should be doing. And I wish YOU well, with it!

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." ~Unknown
~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~

katie said...

I'm excited, I can't wait for trips with you. Looking forward to JUNE

Rhondi said...

Hi Penny
That sounds like a fun idea. I'll definitely be a follower!
Hugs, Rhondi

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

we're heading over Penny...LOVE this idea (wish we had time for doing it ourselves!!) Can't wait to see all of the fun :)

*Ulrike* said...

I'm heading that way now. This will be exciting to read about!