Friday, January 28, 2011

A Sweet Gift

Do you all remember over a year ago, when I was a blogger for Home Goods?  You can see one of my posts here.  At that same time Jen was also a Home Goods blogger.  We both have moved on from that, but have stayed in touch through our own personal blogs.  Jen's blog is called The Cottage Nest.

Well, a while back I sent Jen something she needed, never expecting anything in return.  Imagine my surprise when the other day the mail lady dropped a package off from Jen!


This sweet bag that Jen made was found inside.  Isn't it beautiful?  But that's not all.  That was just the packaging!  Inside the bag was this...

A beautiful cowl that Jen knitted for me.  She said that she was filled with warmth at what I did and she hoped that this cowl she knitted for me would fill me with warmth.

Of course it does!  How wonderful it is to receive a hand made gift, straight from the heart, especially for me! 

Now if you don't know Jen, you need to go visit her here.  Tell her I sent you.  I know you will love her as much as I do.
Welcome Home,
Penny

22 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you have one very speical bloggy friend! Little surprises in the mail can sure brighten your day, huh?

Angie said...

This is something so nice of her. It fills me with warmth when I get surprises from friends, so I know you are feeling the warmth right now.

Angie
Linen + Verbena

Shelia said...

Hi Penny! Oh, wasn't that the sweetest thing to do? I'm amazed at the generosity in Blogland! I'm sure you'll love this and it will look great around your tiny neck.
Hope you're healing well.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Donna said...

Penny, what a sweet friend and a nice surprise!

Hugs,
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That will look so cute on you and feel nice and warm! What a thoughtful gift! You are always so sweet, too Penny! ♥ Enjoy your weekend! ♥

Kathleen Grace said...

Awww, aren't blog friends the best? Jen makes such pretty things:>)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a sweet gift. Such great friends found through blogging!

Sarah said...

What a sweet, thoughtful gift. Blogging friends are an amazing group. ~ Sarah

Theanne... said...

Surprise gifts are so much fun...what a sweet thing for your friend to do...a cowl will be very useful for the cold weather!

Erin said...

That is such a beautiful creamy color!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Isn't it nice to get an unexpected surprise in the mail? It's especially nice when it is from a blogger friend. Jen's crowl looks beautiful and it will help keep you warm this snowy winter.

Donnie said...

Jen is a really sweet lady and that cowl is such a pretty color. It should really keep you warm there.

Blondie's Journal said...

What a sweet and generous gift! The cowl is beautiful. I love anything and everything handmade. Use it to keep warm this winter!!

XO,
Jane

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a beautiful cowl and I love that bag and tag too. Such a lovely surprise. Yes, we are barely keeping up with the shoveling. My Gazebo is disappearing every day. We are expecting more snow tomorrow. Hmm, can I borrow that cowl?

Karen

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Hi Penny. What a lovely gift. What a cute way of wrapping it! Have a great weekend!!

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Oh it's simply beautiful! What a thoughtful thing
to do! Enjoy!

Jane
Flora Doora

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

How sweet! Looks cozy and warm!~Hugs, Patti

Mimi Sue said...

So fun to get things in the mail! Lucky you. Mimi

Julie said...

What a wonderful gift! I sure it will keep you nice and warm.

Jen Kershner said...

Penny,
You are so sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying your gift. You are such a thoughtful lady. It was the least I could do.

see you there! said...

What a lovely gift, I'll bet you will wear that cowl for many winters too. Looks cozy!

Darla

Jeanne said...

Hello Penny, I always say what goes around comes around. Other people say it too! BIG smile here for your lovely hand made gift. I have always wondered if I would like one of those knitted beauties. On a cold winter day, my answer is yes. A sweet thoughtful gift from a sweet blogger. I know you will enjoy it so much.
Love ya, Jeanne