Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some Answers to Your Questions

I have had a few quesions asked in the last couple of posts, so I will answer them here.

First, Jeanne of Backyard Neighbor asked, "I love the bust your dh carried all the way home and around the countryside. Now, I want to see where you put her. Maybe you showed us and I missed it."

Here is Antoinette.  She is in my master bedroom on my dresser.






Next Question
Elaine asked, "We took a two week tour of France a few years, ago. I'd love to try the boat tour. Was this a fast paced tour or more leisurely? Do you mind if I ask what company you used?"



The company we used is called Uniworld. Click on their name for a link to their website. They have river cruises in France, Portugal, Spain, Egypt and China.

As for the pace of the tour, it is more leisurely than a bus tour is, because your "home" moves with you. You are not checking into new hotels and packing and unpacking every day. You can choose to go on the excursions at each port, or just relax on the ship.

I have often been asked questions about where I purchased items, color of paint I use in my house, mosaic questions, etc... Sometimes it is hard to answer because the asker doesn't have an email or a blog. So, I might have missed a question.


Please feel free in the comments on this post to ask any question you want, and I will try to answer them in the next post. 
Welcome Home,
Penny

19 comments:

Beverly said...

Penny, you are just a sweetheart.

Here is my question:

Do you know that you are a treasure to all of us?

Your kind heart and sharing nature is an inspiration to me.

Stacey said...

I agree with Beverly! You are so sweet to share your home and life with us.

Vee said...

I'd just like to say how soothing and restful your bedroom is. Perfection! And just when I thought that I was going to spray painting a gold frame, suddenly, I'm not so sure anymore.

Sarah said...

Penny, ditto to the above compliments. You're the best! Thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful home with all of us.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Your home is so pretty Penny and she looks beautiful on your dresser . . perfect. Enjoy your day!

Dee said...

Ditto to all of the above! All of your pix just say "come on in"! so inviting!
Pink Hugs,
Dee

Julie Harward said...

I love her...she looks so perfect on your dresser..so worth carrying home! Come say hi :D

Cozy Little House said...

She is beautiful! I would have carried her halfway around the world myself.
Brenda

Jeanne said...

Hi Penny, I love where you placed her. She is truly a treasure. She fits in your lovely bedroom so well. I love the pale yellow and white. Thanks for your comment Penny and for linking my blog.

Hugs, Jeanne

Janet said...

Antoinette looks right at home is les etats unis! Love how the MBR came out.

Janet

Adrienne said...

I love where Antoinette decided to live! And her finery does her justice! What a treasure she is and something that will always remind you of your wonderful trip together. Thanks for sharing her with us. It's always nice to see what someone does with the things they find.
~Adrienne~

Manuela@TPOH said...

I love where you put her, she looks beautiful!

Manuela

cozy said...

oh my! what a beautiful blog you have! i just found you and now i am a follower :)
thanks for sharing...

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Great idea to take a river cruise. Sounds relaxing. Mimi

rozetta said...

Penny,

Thank-you for the response. I'm going to look into the boat tour. I really think we would love it!

~elaine~

Kathleen Grace said...

Just catching up! Your bedroom looks so pretty and Marie is perfect on the dresser:>) Hope you have a great weekend!

Mary said...

The perfect spot for Antoinette - I love using these beautiful busts for displaying necklaces. I bet memories of your trip come flooding back when you look across at her - she's lovely.

I would never have thought about ship travel through France, although I do know a few people who've done barge cruising on the Canal du Midi in Southwest France. We stood at the locks on the canal near my brother's village and watched them pass through. Then we'd spy the chef taking off to a village to buy his fresh supplies for the evening meal, so exciting and French!

Have a great weekend Penny dear.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Love seeing photos of your bedroom and how beautiful everything has come together! Love the colors and your beautiful treasure from France! Thanks for sharing your travel tips! ♥

Gayle said...

Have looked and looked, wondering what the beautiful soft color that is on your walls. It looks to be the same in several rooms, DR, LR, foyer, etc. Can you pretty please tell me the name of it?

I'm loving the pics of your trip!

Since finding your blog, I've gone back and read every post!