Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Gift

When I came home from my vacation in France, I found a surprise email from a blog friend.  Ginger from Enchanting Cottage had emailed me and said, "I have a small something I would love to send you, a little something for your home. Would you mind if I had your address, then I will get it in the mail to you. It's not much but I thought of you when I saw it. It has your name all over it."

Well, of course I would love a special package, just for me!  So I sent Ginger my address and very shortly a package arrived at my door.

It was this wonderfully scented candle, in the best muted colors with a black wax seal hanging from a black cord. 


And remember when Ginger said, "it has your name all over it"?

Look at the lid!!! The Comforts of Home!!!  And not only that...the curved lettering says, Cobbler on the porch...and then in FRENCH it says Cobbler sur la verande (which when translated means on the porch).

Thank you Ginger....it definately is perfect for my home.  You are so sweet to think of me and I will think of you each time I light this beautiful candle!

p.s. a lot of you have requested more pictures of France so every so often in a post, I will add a picture or two...xo


A view from an old Chateau near Milly-Lamartine, France

Welcome Home,
Penny

25 comments:

  1. Ginger sent you the most sweetest most perfect gift. :) She knew what you would love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thing for Ginger to do! The candle represents your home so very well! Beautiful photo of France...love the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny! Oh, aren't bloggers just the most wonderful ones! I just love candles and this one seems so special - especially with your name all over it!
    Glad you had such a wonderful Paris trip. I love Paris and have been a few times but never was able to stay the amount of time you did.
    I know you're glad to be home though.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift you received!

    I'm glad you'll be sharing more photos of France - I love seeing them! ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some things are just meant to be - what a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of Ginger to send you the perfect candle. I love the little seal on it also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful friend. Thanks also for sharing these beautiful pics. Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed your pictures! They are just beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect gift! Looking forward to more photos!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise! I like the photo from France in your blog header. And the view in that last picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, kind thing for her to do and it must have delighted you so much...blog-land is a great place. Love the header :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH~~Thank-you Penny, I'm glad you like it. I love your picture from france, anything with ivy I love.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloggers are just the sweetest people around! So nice of Ginger to send some "good mail" your way.

    Gold Canyon candles are awesome. My sister sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How absolutely perfect!!!
    A special gift in deed.
    Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny - The photos from your trip to France are wonderful! You captured such lovely scenes and interesting sites. Thank you so much for the postings...looking forward to future postings! Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header..just perfect !!

    Love your new candle, too. Ginger is a sweetie...and so are you!
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to go back and look at the header photo..that BOX is to die for!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how sweet! candle couldn't have been more appropriate!! and so glad you are going to post a pic now and then. I have so enjoyed your site, Penny. and also ... love your new heading!! what a way to separate the two blogs!!

    Pink Hugs,
    Dee
    @ deeslittlepinkie

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a perfect gift for you. I love it. And I have enjoyed your pictures from France so much. Thanks for adding some to your posts each time. They are so beautiful! I sent you the information on the fabric shop. Hope you can go. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the gift and LOVE the pictures from your trip...Lucky Gal...What a wonderful experience.
    Hugs,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home Penny! I enjoyed your porch posts very much.
    What a lovely gift and reminder of your fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home Penny. That was so sweet of Ginger to think of you and get you that candle. It is perfect for you and your new home.

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's the perfect gift, Penney!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet gift! People are so thoughtful aren't they? I love that it says Comforts of Home on it, wonder if they have Kathys Cottage scent:>) lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ginger is such a sweet woman! Yes, it is perfect!

    hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete