Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Little Steps

If it seems like I am jumping all over the place with the posts on this remodel, you are right. The reason is that we have to complete many things before others happen. For example, there are many rooms that we removed the laminate floors from that will be carpeted. I have to paint all of those rooms before the carpet gets laid. The new fireplace mantel has to be built, before the original hardwood floors can be sanded and repaired.

Things are moving along. Remember this picture of my master bath?


We now have the sub floors down. The next step is cement board, shower pan and green board....


All of the laminate floors have been carefully removed. We had someone who requested them, so we made sure we were careful when we removed then, so that the floors would be able to be reused. The first donation didn't happen, but someone else wanted them. So they are going to a good home.





I have painted 3 rooms and a hall way so far. I am almost done with a 4th room. I forgot my camera today. I really wanted to show you how the fireplace was coming along....next post, I promise!
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your great support on this home purchase and remodel. It means the world to me!
Welcome Home,
Penny

20 comments:

DEBBIE G. said...

Oh Penny its coming along great!! Its going to look so gorgeous..I cant wait to see!! You two are sure hard workers & it will pay off! I look forward to more pics hon!
Hugs..
Deb:)

bj said...

O, sweetie..I am so glad you found someone that wanted the flooring.
I know this all seems like a ton of work (and I can't even IMAGINE how much!!) but, oh, what a lovely home you and Mr. Comforts are going to have . It is going to be every womans dream house.
I am so happy for you, Penny girl.
xo bj

Debbie V. said...

How nice that someone will be able to reuse your floors. Can't wait to see your paint colors, etc. All of your hard work is going to be worth it!

Adrienne said...

I feel like each day you give us a tour of the projects completed and the ones begun! I'm so thrilled for you but I know this is hard work. Aren't you glad you can do it before you move in? We didn't have that privilege - we rented this house for awhile and then the landlord told us he wanted to sell it. Gave us a good price below the listing price, excluded us from the listing and we took the bait. Not complaining - didn't have to move and we had lived here long enough to know what we would do if it were ours. Once it was we began the long process to make our dreams come true. They're still coming along because we have to do them a bit at a time. Making progress - that's a good sign! Can't wait to see more of your lovely new home. ~Adrienne~

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Wow - you're fast! Thanks for sharing the progress - I love seeing it! ☺ Diane

Valerie said...

Watching your remodel brings back so many memories - we bought and lived in a 200+ year old home during the remodel. Very long process - so very worth it. I can't wait to see your finished mantle.

Beverly said...

Penny, I am always anxious to visit you every day so I can see the evolving changes. It is so exciting, and I am so happy for you.

LW said...

Penny,

I think you have done a lot in a very little time…
Bravo on your energy...

Louise

Kathleen Grace said...

It is so much fun to watch a home come together, especially when we aren't the ones working on it! lol. But seriously, seeing the transformation from day one is fascinating, and being able to cheer you on makes me smile. I am so glad someone can use the flooring, I hate it when perfectly good things go to the landfill. It's going to be gorgeous Penny!

The Going Blog said...

I'm so enjoying watching the progress on your home. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Stacey said...

I just know you are going to transform that house with your beautiful style! I am loving the process. :)

Janet said...

And you mean the world to us Penny!

Living vicariously through your remodel is just the best fun!

JANET

Julie said...

You are making a lot of progress. It is going to be a show place when you are done.

Jennifer Froh said...

Looking good!!!!

Jennifer Froh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly said...

You all are moving along quickly!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! You're getting a lot accomplished! What a job but it will be so nice when it's done! I love seeing your ideas!

http://joymariesboutique.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi, it has been nice visiting your blog. Love the room transformation.

Best Wishes!
Jessica

BailiwickDesigns said...

It's nice to see what you're doing! Our house closes next week, then we'll be doing a little remodeling and painting ourselves! ::Jill

Dianne @ Poof Happy Home said...

I get tired just watching you do this..lol It's SO much work but well worth the effort. I KNOW you will be SO happy to be DONE...!!!