Friday, September 25, 2009

Changes

I am having a little success accessing my internet, so here are some before and during pictures.

This is the powder room after....we now have new hardwood floors installed to replace the ones that got ruined with the water pipe breaking.


Here is the during below. After we had removed the damaged hardwood.


Remember the kitchen counter with the tiled wall beneath it? It had really tiny shelf brackets, too.



Now it has new dry wall in place of the ceramic tile. The new thicker corbels have been purchase and are waiting for me to try to stain them to match the cabinets.



Here is a before shot of my studio. The walls were painted an odd pea soup green. The laminate floor was very dark.


Here is a "during" shot of the studio. I have painted the primer coat over the pea soup green and the laminate floors have been removed. It looks brighter already!


This weekend I hope to get the next two coats of paint on the walls of the studio and maybe the primer coat on the floor.
A lot of other things are happening behind the scenes. The air conditioning ducts have been re-routed in the master bath. The tub spout in the guest room that had a leak has been repaired. The three car garage has been divided into a work shop for Mr. Comforts of Home and a two car garage. I have painted 4 rooms and a hallway.
So things are coming along! I promise, if you hang in here with me you will start seeing some pretty to go along with the whole lot of ugly....
Welcome Home,
Penny

16 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you're making great progress! I wish you continued luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a dynamo Penny! I can't believe how much you have done in such a short time! Did you lay something new for the floor in your studio or is that subfloor? I'm just wondering what kind of surface you have to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a whirlwind! I've never seen a house change so drastically in such a short time, definitely from some ugly to amazingly gorgeous, FAST! That sounds like bad English but you know what I'm getting at!

    Love your idea for the studio floor and can't wait to see the colors you've chosen - a lot more hard work - hope you have good knee pads! The larger corbels will look stunning in the kitchen - love that look.

    Hope you get at least a litle time to relax over the weekend - and that it has stopped raining!
    Hugs - Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really moving along...so to speak! Hope you have a good weekend to get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys have been BUSY... everything looks great. I can only dream of making that much progress in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, Penny, Penny. You are amazing. And, you have accomplished so much. I am so loving being able to see all of your work and progress.

    Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your have done so much in a short time.

    Bravo, it is all coming along nicely…

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny! You've been so busy! Sounds like you're getting a lot done. Your home is going to be so gorgeous! Keep working - fast - we want to see ! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny - I get tired thinking of how hard you and your hubby are working to make your new home a place of grace and beauty. It's coming along so fast (probably doesn't seem like it to you!) and I love what you've done. Can't wait to see more and to see the 'pretties' fall into place soon. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun watching you work your magic on your new home. I can't wait to see the furniture in place and the real decorating to begin. I am in awe of your mosaic talent as well. I've followed your blog for about a year and a half but never really posted. I checked in regularly though watching what you were up to. Your blog is a real delight. Blessings and hope the physical move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, it's just so much fun to watch the transformation happening. I'm sure you all are pooped but judging by the timeline you have you have to keep plugging, right? We are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot fathom how you have got so much done already...you are Superwoman :>)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have already accomplished so much! This is great fun to "watch" you transform this house and make it into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things look like they are coming along! Your studio is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOOW......love the studio..is is gonna be fab Penny! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gee that floor seems to brighten up the room. This is lovely.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete