Monday, August 10, 2009

Thanks and a Festival

Thank you all for saying such nice things about the house I am hoping to buy! Things are moving along. We have filled out and signed a ton of paperwork. We are waiting for the title search to be completed and some repairs that the bank who is holding the foreclosure to be made. At this point things are on schedule.


In the meantime, one of my sisters is here visiting and we went to an arts and craft festival in Black Mountain this weekend. Here are some of the pictures I took while there.

These gourds are really colorful! You can click on any picture to enlarge.



This bottle tree was sparkling in the brilliant sunshine.


Underneath the table below is some wonderful pots of herbs.



The picture below shows what appears to be a statue. But it was truly a live man. He stood absolutely still, until someone dropped some money in his bucket. Then he played his guitar for a minute.


My sister is still here, so I haven't had time to visit everyone. I promise I will drop by very soon!
Welcome Home,
Penny

16 comments:

Stacey said...

Have fun with your sister. Keep us posted. :)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks like fun, Penny!

Continued best wishes for the house!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a cool festival. Color everywhere!! I have seen those French bottle dryers but never with such colorful bottles. Now I wish I had bought one!!

Love the white man & guitar!!

Hope everything speeds along with the new house. I know you must be anxious!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Rhondi said...

Hi Penny
I'm sure you are enjoying your time with your sister. I love it when my sister comes to visit!
That human statue at the art show was amazing.
Hugs, Rhondi

Elyse said...

hi penny!

how fun! enjoy your time with your sister. we'll be here to hear all about it (and cheer you up).

xo

Cindy said...

Festivals and mountains.........you are making me envious! Enjoy your visit!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What an exciting time for you, Penny! :) Enjoy every single moment!
Hugs!
Mona

LW said...

Enjoy your time with your sister…

Louise

P.S. In answerer to your comment.
We do have family in Fletcher and Canton so it is on the list of
Possibility…

Shelia said...

Morning, Penny! Just wanted you to know I've crowned you a Daring Darling Bathroom Beauty Snappy Diva! Woo Hooness!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

bj said...

I would have loved to see that man "in white"..bet that was amazing.
Have fun with your sis....

Kathleen Grace said...

That looks like a fun weekend! I hope you and your sister had a great time together:>) Wow, the guy all painted white would be interesting to see but it seems like a tough way to make a living!

Pondside said...

I think that 'sister time' is one of the best 'times' of all. I hope you've had lots of days like the one pictured. I love a festival - and you've captured the colour and excitement in your photos - lovely.

Judi said...

Hi Penny
Oh what a fun day you had. That guitar player must have been great to watch.

I love the colourful gourds and all the other goody!!
thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day
Judi

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks like fun! I went to the history day in HVL this weekend. I really enjoyed it! I wondered if I would run into you there! Enjoy your visit!

Beverly said...

I'm so glad things are on schedule. And, I am so ... excited for you. I can hardly wait until it is all yours to start playing in. ;-)

Have fun with your sister.

Gretchen said...

Your trip to Black Mountain looks like it was a lot of fun.

Enjoy your visit with your sister.

Gretchen