Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waterside Cottages

It's here!! My signed copy of Waterside Cottages, by Barbara Jacksier, with photography by Dan Mayers.

Barbara Jacksier was the editor of Romantic Country magazine (among others) until 2007, when she decided to take some time off and write books. This is her first one published.

Now, even thought I don't live on the water NOW, I grew up on a lake in Michigan and some day I hope to live on a lake again. Until then, I will sit down and dream while looking through this beautiful book.

If you would like your owned signed book, you can purchase it here at Waterside Styles, Barbara's website. The book can also be purchased at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com.

If you haven't visited Barbara's blog, you need too. It is filled with wonderful garden, travel and recipe posts and so much more. Click here to visit her blog.
Welcome Home,
Penny

18 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

Thanks for the kind word and for mentioning my little 'ole book.
barbara

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I put the book on my Amazon wish list! It looks like a book I would love! I'll check her blog, too! Thanks!

Elyse said...

hi penny!

my copy arrived today, too!

tonight it's me, a cup of tea and the book on the girlie office couch!

xo

Kathleen Grace said...

It looks so beautiful! I love decorating books:>)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, how fun! I can't wait to see Barbara's book too.

Lee Laurie said...

Thanks! I'm going to go and check out her blog now. Her book looks wonderful. I've always wanted to live by the sea!

Poof...Happy Home said...

Hi Penny,
I love YOUR new blog design too.
AND...I can't wait to see My Copy of Barbara's book. It'll be on my porch when we get back from Atlanta...
Dianne

TattingChic said...

How fun to get a book from a blog buddy. It looks like a lovely book!

I love the rooster teapot in your previous post! It looks perfect in your hutch/cabinet! :)

Donna at Mourning Dove Cottage said...

Looks like a wonderful book! I will check it out.

Enjoy your day, Penny!
Hugs,
Donna

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I received my signed copy, yesterday. It was in the batch of mail, J picked up at the post office after we returned from the lake. What an absolute treat! I love it!

Sandi McBride said...

Thanks so much for the link, Penny...I love Barbara nearly as much as I love you!
Sandi

KarenHarveyCox said...

I love books about cottages, and this one looks wonderful. Thanks for the links to visit too.

Your geraniums are on the way. Because of your request I was able to capture red geranium inspiration.

Have a lovely day.

Karen

Rhondi said...

Congratulations on the win. It looks like a very good book.

Maya said...

I'm thinking of getting it!

Vee said...

Oh I'm so glad to learn that she was able to get it published. Last I knew, it was going to be a problem. It looks great and I will look for it.

Shellmo said...

This looks like a lovely read Penny!
P.S. There's a vacant wooded lot next to me for sale AND it's on a lake! wink, wink!! :-)

Penny said...

Hi Penny,
I have been missing in action lately. All kinds of things going on. You told me about this book when we had lunch so I am glad to have the specifics. It looks good.
Hugs,
Penny

Susie Q said...

I ordered mine from Akazon! I did not know I could get it elsewhere and have it sugned! Poo! But i am so enjoying it!!
Love,
Sue