Thursday, July 30, 2009

House Number 5 In the Search for The Perfect Home

Here is the 5th house in our search for "MY" perfect home. I chose to look at this one because it had a "finished" basement that I thought I could use as a studio and had a three car garage so hubbie would have a work shop.



The curb appeal was not so great on this one. There were several door entrances on the front of the house and you were not really sure which one to go into!





The living room is nice. It had hardwood floors and a pretty stone fireplace. Again, though the mantel is strange.



The kitchen was a good size. It even had a grill in the island. But it had old looking grey tiles for the counter top. Still, that is easily changed out. Some of the appliances were new stainless steel, but the dishwasher was older and white.



Below is the finished basement. It was really a man cave....Filled with collections of beer cans and such. It would have made a good studio though, once I painted the dark paneling and got rid of the wallpaper border.



Here is the main reason this was a NO. This is the back of the house. The front has 3 car garage. The back had a 2 car carport. Plus do you see how part of the roof is just above ground level? It was very odd. I just didn't like the whole look of the outside.



I know these homes all seem different. I am actually just looking for homes in my price range in the areas we want to live. Then I narrow it down by beds and baths. Whether there is room for a home office for hubbie and a studio for me. Anything that fits those criteria, I look at.


I have some more lined up to see in the next few days. This is fun isn't it? I am glad you are along for the ride with me.
p.s. thanks for all of the yard sale tips! If I decide to have one it will be in the beginning of September. I might just go the easy route as some of you have suggested and donate...

Welcome Home,
Penny

13 comments:

Cal said...

Another great viewing. See what you mean about the ground level roof though - strange.
Cal x

Vee said...

Phew! I'm very glad that that one was a no. The one thing about really taking your time to look is that you'll know that you know that you know once you see it.

Mimi Sue said...

Thanks for letting us come along. I love looking at houses too. Mimi

Penny said...

Penny, I am really enjoying the search with you. It is so nice that you have time to do it right. I look forward to each of your posts.
Hugs,
Penny

Beverly said...

Now, that is one weird roofline. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Yes, this is fun!

Blondie's Journal said...

I AM having a great time, Penny. And yes, that was one strange roof!!

xoxo
Jane

Dawn said...

Whoa, that was a strange set up in the back with the roof like that. It would make me pass on it too. Can't wait to see more.
Dawn

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

I look forward to your home tours now! The inside looked promising - too bad the outside was so odd.

Have you considered posting items on Craigs List before your garage sale? You may have some pre-sale luck & not have to deal with so many items for the garage sale.
☺ Diane

cindymeguiar@yahoo.com said...

I am really enjoying your house hunt! I watch very little tv but one of my favorite shows is Househunters on HGTV. I'm back at school so no TV now. I don't miss it since you are so graciously taking us all along.

Kathleen Grace said...

This is fun Penny! Seeing all the different interiors and going on the hunt with you, it almost makes me want to house hunt myself as sport! lol.

LW said...

odd in deed....
Next....this is really fun...

Louise

Sharon Kay said...

I just found your blog and I so enjoy going with you to look at homes. When the right one comes a long you will know right away. I live in Ohio in a condo that I have made in to a little cottage. Once you find the home it will be fun to watch you make a house your home. I just started a new blog so come and visit my little cottage. Sharon K

Lee Laurie said...

Penny,
I like the inside of this one but the outside is not that pretty. That low roof is strange! I could just see my kids getting on it and making it leak!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie