Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Tale of Two Penny's

Once upon a time there lived a woman in NC named Penny. Penny had a blog or two and spent her days happily visiting other blogs. One day, she happened to stumble upon another blog from NC. And as fate would have it, the blogger's name was Penny too!

So the two Pennys talked...and made plans to meet. What fun they had! Below are the two Pennys. (You can click on any picture to enlarge for detail)


Since they both loved to shop, and they both loved antiques this is the first place they went.

Wait...do you see what I see in the back there? On top of the red table? Yes, it is a great rooster lamp. Did it come home with either Penny? No....a little pricey.



After spending some time shopping the two Pennys grew hungry, so they stopped for a bite to eat at the Stone Soup restaurant.


Penny (from The Comforts of Home) had one of the specials. A quesadilla filled with zucchini, onion, corn and goat cheese.



Penny (from the Lake Lure Kitchen) had Black Eyed Pea Cakes on a bed of greens.


Both dishes were delish! Here is a picture of the inside of this restaurant based on a Fable.



It was a fun filled wonderful day. The moral of this fable is....if you find a blogger that lives near you, don't hesitate to contact them. You just might find a new friend and have a wonderful time.
If you don't know Penny from Lake Lure Kitchen, take some time to visit her blog. She is an amazing cook and features wonderful recipes. Penny and her husband are in the process of turning a lake cottage into a wonderful home, where the kitchen is the heart of the home. Stop in and see her and tell Penny that Penny sent you!
Welcome Home,
Penny

25 comments:

Pondside said...

It seems to be the season for bloggers to meet other bloggers. What a nice afternoon you had! I'll pop over and have a read at Penny's blog.

bj said...

O Penny...you get to meet sooo many bloggers..boo hoo..I never have met even one. Not too many out here in West Texas, I guess..
There's one I know of but haven't been able to connect yet. I'm working on it, tho...
xo bj

Michelle said...

Oh what a fun day with two Pennys! Lol! And oh my gosh, that quesedilla looks to die for!

Kathi said...

What fun! Glad you two decided to meet. Sounds like you had a great day too!

Shelia said...

Oh, how marvelous to get to meet one of your blogging friends. You two are the cutest little Pennys I've ever seen! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stacey said...

It looks like you two had a great day! The shops you found look like good ones too. I'm glad you had fun.

Simply Dandy said...

Oh Penny, it's so true. Just last week I hooked up with another Leigh Ann who only lives about 25 miles from me. That is funny, two Pennys and two LeAnns.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

What a great day & wonderful food & shopping! I squealed a bit over the gorgeous stuff around the red table... The food looked beautiful & bet it tasted amazing. Now I'm off to visit to the other Penny! ☺ diane

Cindy said...

I will be sure to visit the other Penny. We vacation in Saluda quite often and Lake Lure is one of our favorite spots!

Linda said...

Hi Penny,
What a lovely story, and yum lunch looks wonderful.
Cheers Linda

Penny said...

Hi Penny,
We sure had fun! I will be posting about our trip next week. In the mean time, I have been getting lots of visitors from your blog. You sure have a lot of friends. Me included now. Look forward to our next outing.
Penny

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! I love the photo of two lovely ladies and the recipes on her blog are great! Thanks!

Rhondi said...

Hi Penny
It's great that you're getting to meet so many bloggers. That restaurant you ate at is charming. I see you remembered to take a picture of it(not like when we had lunch and both forgot!)
Hope you have a great day
Hugs, Rhondi

The Pleasure of Manuela said...

What fun! The food looks so delish and healthy!

Manuela

The Pleasures of HOMEMAKING said...

O.K. I need more coffee!! Sounds like a you know what site LOL!

Manuela

TattingChic said...

What lovely day it sounds like, Penny-Penny! Thanks for the photos. They look like fun shops. I'll have to visit your friend's site. :)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Isn't Blogland just wonderful for meeting new friends with common interests? Today I also posted about someone I met through a blog. She flew all the way from NJ to stay with me in FL for 8 days! Fun! Fun! Fun!

LW said...

what a fun, fun, day...
Food and shopping and finding a new Penny...

Life is good...

Louise

Shellmo said...

Is it too late to change my name to Penny too so I can join you?? LOL! I agree - it's wonderful meeting blogger friends- I hope to meet many more!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oooooh, fun!

I dream of the day that I get to meet Shelia of Notesongs.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Beverly said...

One of those Pennys looks so familiar to me. ;-)

I know you both must have had a wonderful time.

Elyse said...

what a pair of lucky pennys. so fun!

xo

Kathleen Grace said...

I love that rooster lamp. I keep looking for one at the thrift stores and yard sales, I think they add such a cute touch to a table. I also love the little picture in the ornate frame and the bird votive holders. What a neat place!

Allidink said...

Aw how fun! That lamp was fabulous :) So is that food! mmm I'm hungry now LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Karen said...

How fun! It sounds like the two Penny's really hit it off. Love that little restaurant, especially all the different tablecloths! Going to take a look around at your blogs now... nice to have met you!